It Builds Character

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Happy Anniversary, JP!

A year ago tonight, JP's world changed. This is the anniversary of the last time he ate at Taco Bell.

Why do I remember this, you may ask? Well, it's more that I remember that tomorrow is my cousin's first wedding anniversary. She was getting married in Milwaukee, so Jason and I packed the kids up and headed out for the 5 or so hour drive. Sharkey and JP had flown into Chicago a day or two earlier and spent time with some friends, and then they drove up from there. We had booked a 2 room suite, and the 7 of us all stayed in it. Sharkey and JP got there before us and got checked in and settled in a bit. After we got there and got all the greetings out of the way, Sharkey and JP decided that a bite of Taco Bell was in order, and asked if we were interested. Jason said he'd eat something, so, if I remember right, JP and Jason headed across the street and picked it up. I don't remember what everyone had to eat, but I know that Sharkey and Jason ate the same thing, and JP had something different from them. It was pretty late at this point, so we got the kids tucked in, and then we all said goodnight as well.

The next morning, JP wasn't feeling so hot. I think the kids and I had been down at the hotel pool, and when we returned to the room to get ready for the wedding, Sharkey said that JP must have had food poisoning or something, because he was really sick. You know, when you're sick you just want to be in misery in your own home and in your own bed and have sole access to your own bathroom. Poor JP was in a hotel room that he was sharing with his wife and 5 other people! He was sick all day long and into the evening. Obviously, he did not attend the wedding, much to Jason's disappointment. He was feeling better in the morning though, so at least he didn't have to get on a plane back to Philadelphia feeling really crappy.

So that's the story of JP's last trip to Taco Bell. I know it's a shitty story, but someone had to tell it! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!) :)

6 Comments:

  • He'll be so glad you remembered his "big day." Actually, we were talking about this on the way home tonight. Remember how crappy those hotel beds were? And he spent about 24 hours straight in ours. Ugh!

    Here's my original post about it, in case you're interested.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 08, 2006 11:51 PM  

  • That sucked!!!! And I haven't been back to that freakin' place since. I cannot even watch the commericals on TV. Oh, and it would've been better if we had been going home after that wedding, but we were off to Las Vegas to do customer training!!! SUCKED!!!!!!!

    By Blogger JP, at July 09, 2006 2:10 PM  

  • Hee hee hee! Well, what do you know. Guess where I ate last night?

    It's okay J.P. I still haven't been back to in over a year.

    By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at July 09, 2006 3:33 PM  

  • That would be Subway Restaurants that ate my link.

    By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at July 09, 2006 3:33 PM  

  • Now THAT is the kind of anniversary I'd like to remember.....no not really. Seriously, with my luck now I'll get sick on our trip to Florida and end up becoming a little too familar with our hotel toilet.

    I'm JUST KIDDING KARMA/MURPHY'S LAW/WHATEVER! I do NOT want to have this kind of anniversary, mmmkay?

    Just trying to undo any kind of jinx I probably already did to myself.

    By Blogger The Q, at July 10, 2006 5:50 PM  

  • Sharkey--I had forgotten some of the details you mentioned in your post. Ahh...those were good times.

    JP--How do you really feel?

    Crayonz--I didn't realize that cucumbers could go bad. I mean I know they get old and rotten if you leave them in your fridge for a month without even bothering to cut them up, (don't ask me how I know!) but I didn't know they could actually make you sick. Do you think you'll ever do Subway again--maybe without the cukes?

    Soozie--I wouldn't worry so much about food poisoning in FL, but maybe look out for the lemon drops!

    By Blogger Character Builder, at July 10, 2006 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home