It Builds Character

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

We all survived!

Well, it was a busy weekend, but we lived to tell about it. Here's a little recap of the weekend.

Saturday, (my birthday) I got up and gave Lauren a bath and got her dressed, etc. She got a manicure and everything! Then I started trying to get the house cleaned up and get all of our stuff packed up to stay overnight at the Grandparent's house. Packing is one of my most hated jobs. I was packing for the kids, Jason, and me. The weather had been nice, but what would it be like the next day? So for an overnight stay, I had to pack clothes for warm weather, as well as be prepared for cooler weather. I was trying to do all of this in a reasonable amount of time so that we could get to my Dad's house before midnight, and that can get a little stressful. The house was such a pit! It didn't help that Alex and Lauren brought their tea party inside when Lauren spotted a bug outside. She had her little plastic plateful of crackers that she kept dropping all over the wood floor, and then stepping in them. So I'm running through the house like a crazy person, and new messes are popping up all around me. I was so crabby! My poor kids. Catherine was smart and got out early. She was at her friend's house. Here's a picture of the tea party before it was crashed by the uninvited bug.


After we got on the road, I was able to calm down a bit and relax. We got down to my Dad's house, and right away, the kids spotted the plastic colored eggs all over the yard. So the Easter egg hunt ensued! They all had a great time. Before we got to my Dad's, we stopped to pick up my Grandparents and brought them along for the birthday celebrations. We had a great meal, and it was a beautiful day, so we spent a good portion of it outside.

Sunday was Easter, as well as Lauren's 3rd birthday, and we spent the day at my Mom's house. It rained and rained and rained, but we had a delicious meal, so who really cared? We did have to move the Easter egg hunt indoors, but it was a success anyway! Lauren opened her gifts, and was in heaven all day afterwards. Two words--Princess Dress.


The first thing she said when she opened it up was, "Where's my crown?" A true princess at heart. She wore it all day long, with the exception of mealtime. She was actually agreeable to taking it off to eat, because she didn't want to get it dirty. She got another Fairy Dress today from Sharkey & JP, along with a feather boa, but I need to exchange the dress, as it had a little rip in it. I'll be sure to post some pictures of it when I get a new one. The boa is too much!

So basically, we had a good weekend, happy birthdays were had by all, and we ate WAY too much! Easter candy, birthday cake, cupcakes, ice cream. No wonder I weighed 3 pounds more on Monday morning! Below is a picture of Catherine and some of the candy they got for Easter. This is only Alex & Catherine's share of it. Lauren's is still in another bag! The candy is in a HUGE Tupperware bowl, and I have to totally heap it on to fit it all in. There are like 12 Cadbury eggs in there calling my name. I'm trying really hard to tune them out. Wish me luck!


On a totally separate note, I have to tell about a cute thing that Lauren said tonight as I was putting her to bed. Tomorrow is Jason's day off, so he will keep Lauren home with him and they'll spend the day together. I told her, "Be good for Dad tomorrow!" She said, "I won't hit him, or kick him, or pinch him, or poke his eye!" What more can a parent ask for?

1 Comments:

  • Wow--I think you guys had a crazier weekend than we did. But of course, we didn't have two birthdays on top of Easter.

    Bummer about the ripped dress. Her crown is on its way--tell her to just be patient.

    That Lauren cracks me up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 21, 2006 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home