It Builds Character

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Oh yeah, THAT'S where I put it

Do you ever misplace something and wonder where the heck you've put it? I don't mean like your car keys or an important paper that you need. I mean something that always belongs in and stays in one room of the house. For instance, for the last couple of months, I have been wondering where my 1 Cup measuring cup has gone. At first, I assumed that Jason simply put it somewhere that it didn't belong, and I'd eventually find it. I had looked pretty much everywhere I thought he might put it, with no luck. One day I finally asked him if he has seen it. He said that he'd been wondering where it was too. Hmmm...strange. Well, whatever. We have another one that I don't like as well, but 1 cup is 1 cup, right? Fast forward to yesterday. Lauren was visiting her new favorite place since potty-training--the bathroom. She usually uses the big potty, but at this particular time, it was in use by another family member, so she used her little potty chair. You know, the kind where you take the little bucket out after using it, and dump it into the big potty. Here is a photo of it:


Cute, huh? So she did her thing, and when she finished, she took out the little bucket thing to dump, and this is what I saw.


Oh yeah. Now I remember! I left it in Lauren's little potty chair! How silly of me not to remember putting it there. The barrette inside the measuring cup was Lauren's touch. I had not been looking for that. Next time I misplace something small, I know the first place I'm going to look.

On a separate note, I have a new "Laurenism." The other day, we were getting ready to walk out the door to go to daycare/work, when Lauren was giving Alex a hug. She pulled away from him for a second and sneezed a couple or 17 times. (She takes after her Aunt Sharkey. Neither one of them sneezes a normal number of times. It'll more likely end up being at least 8 times--no kidding.) Anyway, she was using her best manners and covered her mouth while she sneezed. When she was done, she said, "Ooh, I snoozed on my hand!"

I think she was looking for the past tense of "sneeze," and it came out "snoozed." So of course, that's what we say now when someone sneezes.

5 Comments:

  • A whaaaa? How did the pee cup cover the measurin cup again? It just doesn't seem possible! I'll have to remember that one fo sure. With my luck, I'll find social security cards and our marriage license in there. ;)

    I'm glad that Lauren just snoozed on her hand. I have such violent sneezes that I often end up snotting on my hand. Yeah, I know, not as cute.

    By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at May 21, 2006 5:37 PM  

  • Of COURSE it was in the potty chair!

    Crayonz's snot story reminds me of a certain hair-flipping ex of your old boyfriend (TF). One time in English class, she snoozed AND snotted--and it ended up on the side of her face. We thought it was pretty funny. She didn't.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 21, 2006 6:03 PM  

  • Crayonz-the bottom half of the potty chair can be used as a stool if you detach it from the top half. It's a pretty tall stool, and that makes for a deep bottom of the chair when it's upside down. So there was plenty of room on the bottom, below the little bucket part. You can't really tell from the angle of the picture.

    Sharkey-I remember you telling that story. Probably not exactly how she'd like to be remembered, huh? Miss Holier Than Thou. Whatev. Have you seen her lately? Can you say "eating disorder?" Yuck!

    By Blogger Character Builder, at May 21, 2006 8:35 PM  

  • Note to Self: Blow black pepper at Sharkey when we meet in July to see first hand the "Sharkey Sneeze Fest".

    Second Note to Self: Make sure the Hubs is sitting across from her at the time, not me.

    Gotta love the "hair-flipping ex of your old boyfriend" snoozing and snotting thing.

    By Blogger The Q, at May 22, 2006 3:26 PM  

  • I'm so totally hoping your threw away that measuring cup...

    By Blogger JP, at May 26, 2006 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home