It Builds Character

Friday, June 27, 2008

Funny kids

So Sharkey left today. JP flew in from Philadelphia so that she wouldn't have to drive all the way home by herself. And knowing her, she would have fallen asleep while driving long before she hit the Minnesota/Wisconsin border. Alex, Catherine and I drove to the airport as well, so that we could see JP for a couple of minutes before they had to take off.

As usual, Alex had a tough time telling them goodbye. I think this time was especially difficult because Sharkey stayed with us so long, and we were getting used to having her and Maggie around. Quite a few tears were shed by him, which of course, resulted in tears from Sharkey.

We saw them off, then headed home. About a mile from the airport, while Alex was still pretty upset, it started to rain lightly. Alex said, "I think Mother Nature is mocking me!" We all had a much needed laugh at that.

Not a minute later, Catherine said, "Dang! I was gonna ask JP for fifty bucks!" I think he may have spoiled her a bit too much at the Cheese Festival a couple weeks ago.

6 Comments:

  • Aww, Alex sounds like such a sweet boy!

    Well I'm glad to hear that Catherine is feeling well enough to cinch JP tighter around her little finger, too bad she forgot to ask for the cash ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 27, 2008 11:48 PM  

  • I'll have you know that I only slept for about 30 minutes! And it was in the middle of flat, boring Illinois.

    That kid . . . he gets me every time with those tears of his.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 28, 2008 12:02 AM  

  • OMG, how sweet is that? Can't hardly blame the kid, pretty sure if Sharkey came to visit me for a couple of weeks I'd cry when she left also!

    I think JP needs to mail Catherine $50!

    By Blogger mama biscuit, at June 28, 2008 6:52 AM  

  • Tell Catherine I would have totally given her the $50 as a get well gift, but since she didn't ask she's out of luck! That train left the station...

    By Blogger JP, at June 28, 2008 4:38 PM  

  • Catherine check. How's she doing?

    By Blogger mama biscuit, at July 08, 2008 1:16 PM  

  • Makes you want to move closer, doesn't it? Except then they'll take up some really annoying habit like heavy metal nose picking or something.

    By Blogger Undercover Mutha, at July 08, 2008 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home