It Builds Character

Friday, February 08, 2008

Innocent cartoons

I took the kids swimming tonight, then we swung through the drive-thru at the local Wendy's for a frosty. As we were sitting at the dining room table eating the frosties, Catherine called Lauren Boo Boo. (Lauren's nickname is Boo.) I said something like, "Who do you think you are, Yogi Bear?" Given today's crappy cartoons, Catherine had no idea what I was talking about. I went over to my laptop on the couch and googled "Yogi Bear." A couple of pictures showed up, so I called Catherine over to look at them and show her who I was talking about.

A couple entries down on the google page, there was a link to a You Tube video that said "Yogi Bear theme song-real funny." So I clicked on the link and all 3 kids and I watched it. Now YOU watch it, and guess at what point I scrambled for the mouse to shut it off. Watch.

If you guessed that I shut it off when it started talking about Suzy shaving her pubic hair, you would be correct. I probably should have shut it off during the part about the whips and chains, but I didn't. After I shut if off, Catherine asked me, "What's public hair?"

All three of them were absolutely dying laughing, knowing they had just seen something they shouldn't have. At that point, there was nothing I could do but laugh along with them. Note to self: never watch anything on You Tube with the kids without viewing it myself first.

5 Comments:

  • Public hair is the hair you don't necessarily want the public to see (unless of course your public hair is a scarf, and then it's ok)

    Shoot, I can't even click on YouTube vids with the Hubs nearby (or I risk the "WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?", I can't imagine with kids around.

    By Blogger The Q, at February 09, 2008 1:39 AM  

  • You didn't even get to the funny part, Yogi is a cucum-BEAR! I had to shut it off when I saw that Boo was a Gang bang bear. I don't fly that way.

    By Blogger Undercover Mutha, at February 09, 2008 11:44 AM  

  • I could've sworn I left a comment on this the other day. Maybe your blog ate it.

    I would've paid big money to see the look on your face as the true intention of that video unfolded before your eyes!

    By Blogger mama biscuit, at February 10, 2008 11:47 AM  

  • Hilarious! Since you mentioned you should have watched it first without your kids, I decided it wouldn't be good for me to watch at work. I am soooo glad I waited. I just watched it and showed my husband. He cracked up!

    By Blogger Kari, at February 13, 2008 6:49 PM  

  • Bears Gone Wild.
    I was all ready for a little nostalgia, maybe a pickanicka. I don't remember any of that!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 23, 2008 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home