It Builds Character

Saturday, May 17, 2008

We have a date

It's official--we have a date set for Catherine's surgery. Thursday, June 19. We don't have a specific time of day scheduled yet, but they're going to call me back and let me know. I have limited information on the surgery itself, other than they're scheduling 90 minutes for it, and she'll be in the hospital for 2 days. I asked the nurse practitioner that I talked to, how long her recovery at home will be, how long Jason and I will need to stay home with her. She seemed a little confused by my question at first, and ended up giving me an answer of 3-4 weeks. Obviously, I've never gone through something like this before, but 3-4 weeks seems like a long time to me, but I guess we'll see. Jason and I can both take time off, and I can work from home as much as I need to. Plus, it doesn't hurt that one of my bosses is my best friend, and completely understands that kids come before work. Also, Sharkey and JP are coming to help out, so that will be great.

We haven't told Catherine that we have a date yet, because if she knows too far in advance, she'll have too much time to think about it and get freaked out. We'll wait till the date is a little bit closer. Thanks to all of you who have offered prayers and good thoughts for our family. They are very much appreciated. Between Sharkey and me, we'll keep you up to date as much as possible when the time comes.

6 Comments:

  • I hope and pray that everything goes smoothly. I'm so glad that you don't have to worry about the post surgical care. That is a blessing in itself. Don't forget to take care of yourself, too, momma. I know it's all about the kids, but you can't help them if you aren't in the shape to do so.

    By Blogger Undercover Mutha, at May 17, 2008 3:15 PM  

  • I agree whole hearted with Undercover Mutha. My thoughts are with you. *sending good karma and prayers your way*

    Just know that I'll be thinking of you, please keep us posted.

    By Blogger Big Mama, at May 17, 2008 7:48 PM  

  • We'll definitely be keeping Catherine and your entire family in our thoughts. I think about what you guys are going through and I'm just in awe. Please listen to UM and remember to take care of yourself too, mmmkay?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 18, 2008 12:52 AM  

  • Big Hugs. I'm glad Sharkey and JP will be there to help you. And I'm sure it will help Catherine heal quicker being surrounded by her family.

    By Blogger mama biscuit, at May 19, 2008 9:41 AM  

  • Good luck.

    By Blogger limpy99, at May 20, 2008 9:30 AM  

  • Thanks for everything, guys. I'm sure things will turn out fine, but it's not gonna be fun.

    By Blogger Character Builder, at May 20, 2008 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home