It Builds Character

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Just kill me now

A few weeks ago, Alex told me that his class was planning to take a field trip and asked if I could come along. He said they would be going on a bike ride from Welch, MN to Anderson Park in Red Wing. He said it's about 10 miles. Wow, 10 miles on a bike that I haven't ridden in years is going to practically kill me, but I told him I'd go along.

So for the past few days, I've been complaining to everyone at work about how this bike ride will be the death of me because I'm so out of shape and hello? TEN MILES ON A BIKE???

Tonight I found out some great news regarding the bike trip tomorrow. It's not actually 10 miles. It's 10 miles to the spot where we stop for lunch, then we bike the 10 miles back to where we started. TWENTY MILES, PEOPLE! It's been nice knowing all of you. Please remember me fondly.

9 Comments:

  • You'd better take plenty of excedrin, water and a cell phone with you!Lucy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 29, 2008 10:17 PM  

  • Oh my gosh, that's hilarious! Of course, it's only funny because it's you and not me. A couple summers ago,I rode JP's bike on one loop around our neighborhood. When I got back home, I honestly wasn't sure my legs would carry me up the two steps into the house because they were shaking so bad.

    Will they have a sag wagon? Or maybe you could get a flat tire!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 30, 2008 12:16 AM  

  • I was about to give you hell because 10 miles on a bike really isn't that bad. If my fat ass can do it, you can too. 20 miles on the other hand is WAY out of my league. I could probably do it if it was all flat ground and I could take a break whenever I want and it was all in the shade and I could stop for a snickers and a nap and and and...

    Good luck with that!

    By Blogger mama biscuit, at May 30, 2008 11:11 AM  

  • I bet I can get Alex and Catherine on board for moving to Tennessee...

    Our kids have been out of school for a week already :)

    By Blogger mama biscuit, at May 31, 2008 7:51 AM  

  • 20 miles?! I don't even think I could bike 10 miles. My booty would be way too sore!

    I sure wish we could get some pics of the field trip ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 31, 2008 4:36 PM  

  • Maybe you could borrow Uncle Bill's scooter for the trip

    By Blogger JP, at June 08, 2008 5:26 PM  

  • Or a bicycle built for two?

    By Blogger Undercover Mutha, at June 09, 2008 7:34 PM  

  • Just stopping by to drop off some love and good thoughts. I hope things go well with Catherine's surgery today.

    Hugs

    By Blogger mama biscuit, at June 19, 2008 8:13 AM  

  • Hoping today has been a very good day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 19, 2008 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home