It Builds Character

Sunday, November 04, 2007

The song that got on everybody's nerves

Driving home from the mall tonight, Catherine taught Alex and Lauren a new song that she and her friend sing sometimes. A few hours later, it's still in my head. Sing the following to the tune of "The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round:"

I've got a song that gets on everybody's nerves
Everybody's nerves
Everybody's nerves
I've got a song that gets on everybody's nerves
And this is how it goes

Snappy, huh? You're welcome.

On a totally separate note, I took the kids to see "Bee Movie" today. I (and the kids) really enjoyed it. There were times that I even laughed out loud. There were a lot more famous people in there than I knew there was. Oprah, Sting, Kramer from Seinfeld, Chris Rock. And as much as I despise Renee Zellweger, I thought she was really good in this. I suppose that since I can't stand the way she always looks like she just smelled something foul, I can stand her in a movie where I don't have to look at her.

After the movie, we went to the mall because Alex needs a new winter coat before he goes to Boy Scout camp this weekend. We ended up buying Lauren a new one too, and new shoes for Catherine.

As we were walking through JCPenney toward the parking lot, we found some Minnesota Wild fuzzy throws. Jason and I enjoy watching the Wild and going to games when we can. Being that the blankets were on sale, I asked the kids if they would like to get Jason one of the blankets for Christmas. They thought it was a good idea. As we were looking at them and deciding between 2 different styles, Lauren was looking at some items nearby. I didn't think she even realized what we were picking out. When we got to the van, I reminded the kids to just forget that we bought a Christmas present already, and don't mention anything to Dad.

When Jason got home tonight, I said to Lauren, "Tell Dad what we did today," meaning that we saw a movie. "We bought you a hockey blanket!" Niiiiiice. That secret was kept for about a half an hour. Good thing that kid's so cute.

3 Comments:

  • Hmmm . . . your posts aren't showing up in my Bloglines anymore. I'll have to look into that.

    I had an idea how the story would end--if he didn't already know, you wouldn't be telling the internet what you got him.

    Damn! Now what are we gonna get him?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 12, 2007 6:28 PM  

  • Happy Thanksgiving, CB and fam. Loved Shawkey's picture of the EJPPB ;)

    By Blogger Susie, at November 22, 2007 9:18 AM  

  • 100 bottles of beer on the wall, 100 bottles of beer, if one of those bottles should happen to fall, 99 bottles of beer on the wall.

    when they got down to zero, they decided to sing another song, a song called 200 bottles of beer on the wall.

    I love being trapped in the car with them.

    By Blogger Bobby D., at December 05, 2007 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home