It Builds Character

Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Entrepreneur

That Catherine is quite a character. She's always looking for a new way to make a buck. However, as eager as she is to do something to make money, she is rarely willing to actually work for it. She's not interested in doing chores around the house to help me out. No, she'd rather just have someone give her something for...pretty much nothing.

An example. About a year or so ago, we were visiting at my mom's house. My mom, Alex, and Catherine were looking at some Pokemon stuffed animals on the internet. Catherine found one she wanted that was $7. So her lazy, creative mind went to work. She walked over to the kitchen counter and grabbed a bunch of bananas that were sitting there. She offered to sell them to my mom for $7. Hey, she saw something she wanted and found a way to get it! Well, actually she didn't get it. My mom refused her offer.

So the other night when I walked downstairs, I had to laugh. This is what I saw:




















She had opened up a little "stand" where she was charging a nickel to pet her bunny. She made a sign that said, "Pet the bunny! 5 cents only. Really soft bunny. You'll love how soft the bunny is. You'll know what you payed for!"

I went back upstairs and got some nickels to contribute to the cause. Jason added more, and then even Alex gave her one.

I hope someday she is actually able to come up with a creative idea that can make her some real money. But first, I think she'll have to learn the important lesson that youth and cuteness will only get you so far. I just don't see a stunt like this working when she's 30.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home