It Builds Character

Friday, March 03, 2006

How's this for a first post?

So I've been considering doing this blogging thing for a while now. I go back and forth. I think, "Sure, just do it. It's a great way to keep track of things that happen with the kids, and life in general." Then I think, "Do I have enough stuff to write about?" Well, considering that I have 3 kids, there should be no shortage of fodder. Sometimes, I'll tell my sister, Sharkey, a story about one of the kids. Then she'll encourage me, and tell me that that could be my first post! So anyhoo, here goes.

Yesterday at work, I got a call on my cell phone. The display said, "Jason Work". It was my husband. I was in the middle of something important, so I ignored him. A few minutes later, it rang again, and again, it was him. I figured something must be up for him to call me on my cell phone twice in a span of 5 minutes, so I answered. He told me that the school called him, and that Catherine was sick. He couldn't leave work, as he was the only manager on duty, so it was up to me. Now this was about 9:20am, and school doesn't even start until 9:25, so the day was only going to go downhill from here.

So I arrive at the school, and head into the Health Office. The nurse told me that her driver brought her in after she vomited. Her driver? What driver? The kids walk to school from daycare, which is only about 3 blocks. Then I realized who she must have meant. Sometimes Billy's (another daycare kid) dad drives the kids to school, just for the heck of it. Do you see where this is going? Yes, she puked in his car!!! This man, who I've only chit-chatted with a few times while we're both there to pick up the kids, who was nice enough to give my kids a ride to school too, who drives an Acura, now has the stench of my daughter's vomit in his very expensive car. I was mortified! I called our daycare lady to get his phone number so I could apologize. And apologize I did--profusely. He was so nice about it though! I don't think everyone would have been that understanding. Heck, I don't think I would have been, if it was my car. I offered to pay to have his car detailed, but he told me that it wouldn't be necessary. He said she was very careful to keep it to herself, and being that he has leather seats, it just wiped up easily. I still feel horrible, but he definitely put my mind at ease about the whole thing. He was so understanding about it, it makes me wonder what horrible things his kid has done in the past!

She doesn't look like she could do any harm, does she?

2 Comments:

  • Like mother, like daughter! I remember having to stop the car one time for you . . . .

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 03, 2006 10:31 PM  

  • I think this is a fine first post! There can never be too many stories of children vomiting in fancy cars. My plan with our blog is to print it off and have various wedding guests stand and read aloud embarrassing stories about the bride or groom, whichever it may be at the time.

    By Blogger Whitney, at March 05, 2006 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home